Skip to main content

this palin chick scares me

is it just me or are there a lot of people who are just not looking at actual issues? this sarah palin woman is an idiot. it's can't just ne the liberal media washington elite [hey... i'm just throwing them all together] that cares to call her on her bullshit. i mean... damn! do these people not understand the magnatude of the position she's running for? i mean she may not know what a vice president is supposed to do, but aside from the thought that this idiot would run the senate, that she's NEXT in line to be president--which is a big frickin deal given the age and potential frailty of the fool at the top of her ticket--scares the hell out of me.

her beliefs scare me too. those snl skits are funny as hell, but when you consider the amount of that material that is verbatim.... uh.... not so funny anymore. these katie couric interviews show us A LOT. no matter how well people think she did in that debate, those interviews prove that she doesn't have the knowledge that her potential position requires. you can prepare and cram all night for a debate, but how are you going to cram for 4 years of service as vice president?

her record as governor is unimpressive. not necessarily because it's just alaska and like... 12 people live up there, but for one she's been governor for 2 years and they have not been very smart years, mind you. she started charging rape victims for their rape kits. she is against abortion across the board, which to me means she's against a woman's right to choose. she cut funding to aid teen mothers in her state despite the fact that her own daughter is one. about that... they keep talking about that being private matter and that they made the private decision to go forward with the pregancy. it is that very choice that palin would like to take from other women on the other side of the issue. (this samantha bee clip is a GREAT example of how stupid and mindless people can be when they're told to support someone...) not to mention this whole "bridge to nowhere" dabacle. the link takes you to the wikipedia article that explains to what the term refers. the problem with the proposal is the spending of a lot of government funds on essentially a bunk project, something they criticize obama for doing as senator.

roe v wade is the only supreme court case she can name and she wants to overturn it. now... perhaps the average american can't name any supreme court cases (a-hem... dred scott v. stanford, brown v. board of education, plessy v. ferguson, hell... even bush v. gore...) but this bitch wants to be second in command of our country! how can she not name any supreme court cases? i mean... she even claims to be a feminist. she can't name one having to do with women other than roe v. wade? what about frontiero v. richardson? grrr!

she doesn't know anything about anything. when charlie gibson asked her if she agrees with the bush doctrine (which is basically his whole stance on foreign policy... the whole idea that we should go in and harm people before they harm us... sorta like minority report) and she had NO idea what the hell he was talking about. how is it that i know what he's talking about and she doesn't? she is no longer the average american. she's no longer dealing with just "joe six pack." as vp she should, like the president, have the best interests of america in mind, not just the rights and interests of the constituency that believes in her personal beliefs the most.

i can stand behind obama because he seems to have EVERYONE in mind, not just the people who agree with him. i don't think he will change the world; that's a lot to put on any one person who only has 4 years AND has to follow some one who fucked up the world so royally. but i do think he will help shift us in a better position as a world power. not as a dominant, beligerent, arogant world power, but as humane, compassionate, and genuine world power. palin scares me not only because of her beliefs but also because we're talking about HER and not the person who's actually running for president. in picking sarah palin to be his running mate, john mccain effectiviely took the focus off of himself in the most sensational way. he basically undermined the critical thinking skills of every woman when he chose and unvetted, unqualified woman to be second in command. with this irresponsible choice he showed us that a "maverick" is someone who'll do anything to give himself an advantage in any circumstance. that's not the leadership this country needs.

unfortunately, i don't think very many people are paying attention... for one, not a very high percentage of the american people are voting so even if the people did pick the president it would end up being a president that only half of 20% of the country wants. and, of that small percentage of people who are voting, an even smaller percentage of people voting are thinkers who are voting based on issues and not based on the fact that obama is black, mccain is republican, joe biden is mean, or sarah palin is fuckable.

and that's hella scary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love a Good Conspiracy Theory

OK… So… A lot of this is repetitive (and that's actually important…) so I'm not going to go over everything about all these folks. You can read the bulk of it at the source sites. There are quite a few sites out there that say that Beyonce and others are possessed by the devil. It's actually a really interesting way to waste some time if you have it. But maybe that's just me since… I love a good conspiracy theory. I'm not here to debunk all this stuff. I just think some of it is simply wrong. Or… aimed at the wrong person. Or… conclusions based on shit that can't be considered evidence. Let's look, shall we... Alright... vigilantcitizen.com starts their analysis of Beyonce by saying Along with her new album, Beyonce has presented her fans to a new alter-ego named Sasha Fierce. The singer affirms that this new persona is the fun, more sexual and more aggressive side of her. This is however the “general public” version of the story. The esoteric meaning r...

Facebook Stalking...

Officially, I'm hibernating right now. I don't really want to connect on Facebook or Twitter right now. However… from time to time, I'm bored and reading that stuff is still mildly amusing… A couple things I noticed while tip toeing around Facebook: A lot of these "friendships" are super manufactured past the point of being fake. They simply don't exist. There are people I'm friends with on Facebook that I don’t want to be bothered with in life. Am I afraid to delete them? Perhaps… Well… I deleted a bunch of them just a moment ago. (Part of my hibernation is purging…) But… why even bother to begin with? Having said that… I discovered that I'm NOT friends with some people I should be. I'm missing out on some connections. A while ago, I deleted EVERYONE while in an angry "fuck friendship" mood. I'm STILL re-adding and re-discovering people from that episode… If it makes you feel...

T.I. Released from Prison... Early

Niggas are going to hate me for sure for this post… (If they don't already…) I don't care… This is unbelievable. Well… stranger things have happened. But… T.I. was released from prison after spending 7 months there on gun charges. I like T.I.'s music and ATL was a good movie and I definitely plan to see Takers . Nothing against him personally. I don't think he's a bad person. HOWEVER. Dude is a 7-time felon who violated his probation by purchasing assault weapons and silencers. He spent SEVEN frickin months in jail. For that . OK. He didn't use the guns. Ok. He thought his life was in danger. Ok. He's turning his life around. All that is awesome for T.I. But what about the frickin justice system? Are we REALLY saying it's ok for a 7-time felon to get away with illegal shit just because he's a good rapper? Bernie Madoff got 150 years in prison for getting rich off of scamming rich people but T.I. got 7 months for buying life-threatening weapons...