Skip to main content

another day, another bunch of BS

i have some more articles for you... i'm really tired of people apologizing for stuff they say. when i got to work i read THIS article... now... at lunch time... i'm reading THIS article... not cool john lewis, not cool. i guess technically he's "clarifying," but to me, right now, that's the same thing as apologizing... let's take a look. here's what lewis said:
"What I am seeing reminds me too much of another destructive period in American history. Sen. McCain and Gov. Palin are sowing the seeds of hatred and division, and there is no need for this hostility in our political discourse," Lewis said in a statement.

"George Wallace never threw a bomb. He never fired a gun, but he created the climate and the conditions that encouraged vicious attacks against innocent Americans who were simply trying to exercise their constitutional rights. Because of this atmosphere of hate, four little girls were killed on Sunday morning when a church was bombed in Birmingham, Alabama," wrote the Democrat.

can somebody tell me what's wrong with that statement? anybody? huh? what was that? nothing? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT! is the hatred that we're seeing from mccain-palin supporters any different from the hatred we know came from those people who bombed that church? george wallace absolutely had a hand in creating that climate, just like mccain putting out ads telling stupid republicans that obama is an arab terrorists (in so many words...) when he knows those words are powerful in this post-9/11 world. what mccain said:
"Congressman John Lewis' comments represent a character attack against Gov. Sarah Palin and me that is shocking and beyond the pale," he said in a Saturday afternoon statement released by his campaign.

"The notion that legitimate criticism of Sen. Obama's record and positions could be compared to Gov. George Wallace, his segregationist policies and the violence he provoked is unacceptable and has no place in this campaign. I am saddened that John Lewis, a man I've always admired, would make such a brazen and baseless attack on my character and the character of the thousands of hardworking Americans who come to our events to cheer for the kind of reform that will put America on the right track.

"I call on Sen. Obama to immediately and personally repudiate these outrageous and divisive comments that are so clearly designed to shut down debate 24 days before the election. Our country must return to the important debate about the path forward for America."

the formatting is my own. mccain separates himself from george wallace, but is he really that different? perhaps he can't go on tv and talk about how much he hates niggers (not that i can prove he wants to...) but he certainly has some policies up his sleeves that directly tear down the minorities in this country. his ads are provoking violence and hate. secondly, john lewis doesn't work for the obama campaign. he's not tied to it in any way. why does obama need to repudiate it? and tell me... why is he "so clearly" trying to "shut down debate." seems to me statements like this would get people thinking and talking and, hmm... a "d" word goes here... uh, what's that? debating? yeah... i thought so too. nothing in this statement looks like a personal attack on mccain's character. i read it as a logical very logical comparison geared to make people wake the hell up. brazen, perhaps. but baseless? i think not. statement from obama campaign:
"Sen. Obama does not believe that John McCain or his policy criticism is in any way comparable to George Wallace or his segregationist policies," Burton said. "But John Lewis was right to condemn some of the hateful rhetoric that John McCain himself personally rebuked just last night, as well as the baseless and profoundly irresponsible charges from his own running mate that the Democratic nominee for president of the United States 'pals around with terrorists.'"
there you have it. in black and white. what further clarification could we possibly need? none, you say? apparently, we're wrong because politicians being how they are, lewis was feeling some pressure so he needed to add to his statement that "careful reviewwould reveal that [he] did not compare Sen. John McCain or Gov. Sarah Palin to George Wallace." no shit? he goes on to say his statement "was a reminder to all Americans that toxic language can lead to destructive behavior." really? that's exactly what i got from it!

my problem stems from the fact that anytime someone is honest about mccain and palin and their bullhshit, they have to clarify, or apologize, or back peddle and double talk. fuck that. lewis was right. he said what he said. no clarification necessary. i don't care if the republicans are "shocked," or if palin starts throwing around her hot button phrases, and blaming the "liberal media elite" for "partisanship." it's time that people start telling the truth and saying what this shit really is. what is so wrong with that? i mean... didn't palin say herself during her debate that she wasn't going to answer questions the way biden and ifill wanted her to, that she was talking directly to the american people? well, so is john lewis. why should he or anybody else have to explain that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love a Good Conspiracy Theory

OK… So… A lot of this is repetitive (and that's actually important…) so I'm not going to go over everything about all these folks. You can read the bulk of it at the source sites. There are quite a few sites out there that say that Beyonce and others are possessed by the devil. It's actually a really interesting way to waste some time if you have it. But maybe that's just me since… I love a good conspiracy theory. I'm not here to debunk all this stuff. I just think some of it is simply wrong. Or… aimed at the wrong person. Or… conclusions based on shit that can't be considered evidence. Let's look, shall we... Alright... vigilantcitizen.com starts their analysis of Beyonce by saying Along with her new album, Beyonce has presented her fans to a new alter-ego named Sasha Fierce. The singer affirms that this new persona is the fun, more sexual and more aggressive side of her. This is however the “general public” version of the story. The esoteric meaning r...

Facebook Stalking...

Officially, I'm hibernating right now. I don't really want to connect on Facebook or Twitter right now. However… from time to time, I'm bored and reading that stuff is still mildly amusing… A couple things I noticed while tip toeing around Facebook: A lot of these "friendships" are super manufactured past the point of being fake. They simply don't exist. There are people I'm friends with on Facebook that I don’t want to be bothered with in life. Am I afraid to delete them? Perhaps… Well… I deleted a bunch of them just a moment ago. (Part of my hibernation is purging…) But… why even bother to begin with? Having said that… I discovered that I'm NOT friends with some people I should be. I'm missing out on some connections. A while ago, I deleted EVERYONE while in an angry "fuck friendship" mood. I'm STILL re-adding and re-discovering people from that episode… If it makes you feel...

T.I. Released from Prison... Early

Niggas are going to hate me for sure for this post… (If they don't already…) I don't care… This is unbelievable. Well… stranger things have happened. But… T.I. was released from prison after spending 7 months there on gun charges. I like T.I.'s music and ATL was a good movie and I definitely plan to see Takers . Nothing against him personally. I don't think he's a bad person. HOWEVER. Dude is a 7-time felon who violated his probation by purchasing assault weapons and silencers. He spent SEVEN frickin months in jail. For that . OK. He didn't use the guns. Ok. He thought his life was in danger. Ok. He's turning his life around. All that is awesome for T.I. But what about the frickin justice system? Are we REALLY saying it's ok for a 7-time felon to get away with illegal shit just because he's a good rapper? Bernie Madoff got 150 years in prison for getting rich off of scamming rich people but T.I. got 7 months for buying life-threatening weapons...