Skip to main content

tick tock

[raphael saadiq]
 
you see, baby. i ain't goin nowhere, no. i'm just gon wait on you. girl, i swear.
 
i'm here when you need me, you know should know. i can always listen cause girl you're my baby. this thing that you're going through, just do what you gotta do and love will show you the rest, girl.
 
how much time do you need to solve all of your deeds? cause i can go for a ride. now tell me one thing please. nobody will shuffle me cause we just might have a chance, girl.
 
i will wait on you my dear. even if it takes a thousand years. i believe that love will see us through. but for right now here's what we gon' do...
 
my friends say i'm slippin over you. i wonder how they knew. but i guess i'm hope every night. i still have visions of you. no other girl will do. shit i just got to kiss you
 
and i know this can't be the end. we gotta be free from sin. at least we can try. but here's what we gonna do cause i understand you. let's make out just one more time.
 
i will wait on you my dear. even if it takes a thousand years. i believe that love will see us through. but for right now here's what we gon' do... forever will i wait on you. and i hope you feel like i do. it's so hard for me to wear my watch because all i hear is tick and tock.
 
you see sometimes, lady, when i'm alone by myself all i can do is think about the times we used to share. think about the good times baby. yeah yeah yeah.
 
and you know another thing baby. it ain't the same when i go out at night. i get a bunch of numbers baby and they all just stay in my pockets for days. i don't wanna call nobody else. i don't wanna see nobody else. i don't wanna work nobody else. but i guess i'll -- i guess i'll wait...
 
i will wait on you my dear. even if it takes a thousand years. i believe that love will see us through. but for right now here's what we gon' do...forever will i wait on you. and i hope you feel like i do. it's so hard for me to wear my watch because all i hear is tick and tock.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love a Good Conspiracy Theory

OK… So… A lot of this is repetitive (and that's actually important…) so I'm not going to go over everything about all these folks. You can read the bulk of it at the source sites. There are quite a few sites out there that say that Beyonce and others are possessed by the devil. It's actually a really interesting way to waste some time if you have it. But maybe that's just me since… I love a good conspiracy theory. I'm not here to debunk all this stuff. I just think some of it is simply wrong. Or… aimed at the wrong person. Or… conclusions based on shit that can't be considered evidence. Let's look, shall we... Alright... vigilantcitizen.com starts their analysis of Beyonce by saying Along with her new album, Beyonce has presented her fans to a new alter-ego named Sasha Fierce. The singer affirms that this new persona is the fun, more sexual and more aggressive side of her. This is however the “general public” version of the story. The esoteric meaning r...

Facebook Stalking...

Officially, I'm hibernating right now. I don't really want to connect on Facebook or Twitter right now. However… from time to time, I'm bored and reading that stuff is still mildly amusing… A couple things I noticed while tip toeing around Facebook: A lot of these "friendships" are super manufactured past the point of being fake. They simply don't exist. There are people I'm friends with on Facebook that I don’t want to be bothered with in life. Am I afraid to delete them? Perhaps… Well… I deleted a bunch of them just a moment ago. (Part of my hibernation is purging…) But… why even bother to begin with? Having said that… I discovered that I'm NOT friends with some people I should be. I'm missing out on some connections. A while ago, I deleted EVERYONE while in an angry "fuck friendship" mood. I'm STILL re-adding and re-discovering people from that episode… If it makes you feel...

T.I. Released from Prison... Early

Niggas are going to hate me for sure for this post… (If they don't already…) I don't care… This is unbelievable. Well… stranger things have happened. But… T.I. was released from prison after spending 7 months there on gun charges. I like T.I.'s music and ATL was a good movie and I definitely plan to see Takers . Nothing against him personally. I don't think he's a bad person. HOWEVER. Dude is a 7-time felon who violated his probation by purchasing assault weapons and silencers. He spent SEVEN frickin months in jail. For that . OK. He didn't use the guns. Ok. He thought his life was in danger. Ok. He's turning his life around. All that is awesome for T.I. But what about the frickin justice system? Are we REALLY saying it's ok for a 7-time felon to get away with illegal shit just because he's a good rapper? Bernie Madoff got 150 years in prison for getting rich off of scamming rich people but T.I. got 7 months for buying life-threatening weapons...