OK. So... my little $75 did turn into more. Turns out there's a problem with Alo's instrument cluster. In order for them to fix it (with labor, parts, and a tire balance and rotation included) it'll be $485.58. That number is a hell of a lot better than $800-$1200. He seems to think that all of the electrical problems come from there, including the converter thingy he was telling me about on Saturday. And wouldn't you know it... Alo's current cluster was discontinued yeeeears ago. The guy found a used newer one that fits. Fingers crossed there.
He thinks Alo's epilepsy is because of my tires and the balance and rotation that he's throwing in should remedy that. I'm skeptical. If the problem were that simple, every Jeep wouldn't have it, I don't think. But I'm not a mechanic. I think it's worth it to see what happens when he fixes the electrical issues. It seems like A LOT of problems were tied to this busted cluster messing with the electrical.
My excitement about today has faded... I realize that when I go get Alo, he will still shake. I probably still won't be able to listen to my music, keep track of how fast Alo's going, or keep track of his gas level, but that's ok. But it's temporary so I guess it's still worth being excited about. Sigh... hopefully this buys me another year or so with Aloysius. If so, THANK YOU, Mr. Transmission. =]
Comments
Post a Comment