Skip to main content

Mr. Transmission on Gallatin

So... I've been really sad about Aloysius. I really think sometimes it's jut too hot outside for him. And I cant turn on the ac because it makes the battery go down and he car stops. The violent shaking has gotten worse. Yesterday the car stopped on the freeway. When it did run, I couldn't go more than a few feet without having to brake to stop the shaking. 

I began to read that most Jeeps have this problem. An a friend told me he go a quote and it would cost $800-$1200 to fix the shaking. KBB says that Aloysius is worth $1675 IF he's in fair condition (which I doubt is the case). I couldn't justify spendig all that on him so I began to look into buying a new car. 

This morning I decided to at least get a quote of my own. (Really I wanted to know what was worth fixing in order to sell it.) I took Alo to Mr. Transmission on Gallatin. The guy's name is Joe I think and he was sooo nice -and I love when white folks are genuinely courteous to me. 

When I got there he asked me what was wrong and I gave him my list. He offered me a beverage and a cool place to sit. We talked about my concerns and then he got the keys and left. I thought I'd be sitting and waiting for a long time but 15 minutes later he came back. 

He told me that Alo has a lot of electrical issues and that his electrical dude is $75/hour of work. He also told me that some kind of converter is shorting out and causing the car to shake and that the diagnostic for that was also $75. I told him that I needed my car fo work. He said if I could get Alo to him at 6:30 on Monday morning he could get me to work, fix Alo, and get him back to me. ALSO he said that he would get all the work done in one hour to try to keep it at $75 for me and he'd just do the diagnostic WHILE the electrical dude does his thing so I'd only be charged one $75. 

He didn't tell me how much the converter that he'd have to fix would cost but I'm thinking it won't be $800. I know I'll end up paying more than $75 in the long run but I'm very glad that I'll pay that and have half my problem fixed on MONDAY. That's very exciting. That means Alo will be able to tell me how fast I'm pushing him again. And he'll be able to keep accurate track of his mileage and gas. AND I'll be able to listen to music again. And perhaps I'll even be able to use the ac!

Mr. Transmission made me very happy. He was nice. He gave me a good diagnosis for my baby so I may not have to kick him to the curb. I fully recommend Mr. Transmission to see what's up with your bucket. I'll keep you posted throughoutthe process... =]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love a Good Conspiracy Theory

OK… So… A lot of this is repetitive (and that's actually important…) so I'm not going to go over everything about all these folks. You can read the bulk of it at the source sites. There are quite a few sites out there that say that Beyonce and others are possessed by the devil. It's actually a really interesting way to waste some time if you have it. But maybe that's just me since… I love a good conspiracy theory. I'm not here to debunk all this stuff. I just think some of it is simply wrong. Or… aimed at the wrong person. Or… conclusions based on shit that can't be considered evidence. Let's look, shall we... Alright... vigilantcitizen.com starts their analysis of Beyonce by saying Along with her new album, Beyonce has presented her fans to a new alter-ego named Sasha Fierce. The singer affirms that this new persona is the fun, more sexual and more aggressive side of her. This is however the “general public” version of the story. The esoteric meaning r...

Facebook Stalking...

Officially, I'm hibernating right now. I don't really want to connect on Facebook or Twitter right now. However… from time to time, I'm bored and reading that stuff is still mildly amusing… A couple things I noticed while tip toeing around Facebook: A lot of these "friendships" are super manufactured past the point of being fake. They simply don't exist. There are people I'm friends with on Facebook that I don’t want to be bothered with in life. Am I afraid to delete them? Perhaps… Well… I deleted a bunch of them just a moment ago. (Part of my hibernation is purging…) But… why even bother to begin with? Having said that… I discovered that I'm NOT friends with some people I should be. I'm missing out on some connections. A while ago, I deleted EVERYONE while in an angry "fuck friendship" mood. I'm STILL re-adding and re-discovering people from that episode… If it makes you feel...

T.I. Released from Prison... Early

Niggas are going to hate me for sure for this post… (If they don't already…) I don't care… This is unbelievable. Well… stranger things have happened. But… T.I. was released from prison after spending 7 months there on gun charges. I like T.I.'s music and ATL was a good movie and I definitely plan to see Takers . Nothing against him personally. I don't think he's a bad person. HOWEVER. Dude is a 7-time felon who violated his probation by purchasing assault weapons and silencers. He spent SEVEN frickin months in jail. For that . OK. He didn't use the guns. Ok. He thought his life was in danger. Ok. He's turning his life around. All that is awesome for T.I. But what about the frickin justice system? Are we REALLY saying it's ok for a 7-time felon to get away with illegal shit just because he's a good rapper? Bernie Madoff got 150 years in prison for getting rich off of scamming rich people but T.I. got 7 months for buying life-threatening weapons...