By now you know that Michael is gone. I was going to try to do this really long and meaningful post for him, but I don't think it's really necessary. He was special to everyone. His music changed music forever. His videos changed video forever. His dancing changed dance forever. He is the paradigm. Your favorite artist owes his/her career to MJ. Had it not been for him, they wouldn't be on MTV. Had he not made Thriller album expectations wouldn't be do high. Michael is the bar. And that will never die.
Honestly my first thought when I hear "Michael Jackson" is that "Man, it's hella funny to me that I was afraid of him." And then I think about all the music. If you choose to think of him as "Wacko Jacko" you're missing the point. I won't indulge in any gossip or pass any judgment. Not because you're not supposed to speak ill of the dead, but because it didn't matter to me when he was alive. I've always preferred to show compassion because his of background and childhood troubles. And when I stopped fearing him (*smile*) I always chose to focus on the music. Through the music, he will live forever.
If he'd been born in 88 instead of 58, he would've been an Abercrombie model.... =]
Michael Joseph Jackson
August 29, 1958-June 25, 2009
Honestly my first thought when I hear "Michael Jackson" is that "Man, it's hella funny to me that I was afraid of him." And then I think about all the music. If you choose to think of him as "Wacko Jacko" you're missing the point. I won't indulge in any gossip or pass any judgment. Not because you're not supposed to speak ill of the dead, but because it didn't matter to me when he was alive. I've always preferred to show compassion because his of background and childhood troubles. And when I stopped fearing him (*smile*) I always chose to focus on the music. Through the music, he will live forever.
If he'd been born in 88 instead of 58, he would've been an Abercrombie model.... =]Michael Joseph Jackson
August 29, 1958-June 25, 2009
Comments
Post a Comment