
1. Cash Rules Everything Around Her She's motivated by money. She has successfully found a way to make her name valuable. People call her a groupie and hate her, but she is making money off of what she's doing. Having sex for money is prostitution, but aside from that… she is in demand. Clubs want her to host parties, rappers want her in their videos… And she's getting paid to do both. "Kat Stacks" is a commodity. Say what you will, but she's a hustler.
2. She's Emotional About Boys Although she seems very angry about the way some men have treated her, there are men she has felt real connections with. She tweeted about missing a dude that she has already blasted on the internet (of course… there's no way to know exactly who she was talking about…). She regularly shows vulnerability. Though her "fans" seem to think she's weak when she does, it shows she's human and has feelings. Surely you've sent a text message that you wish you could take back, cut somebody off that you want around...
3. She's a Lot of Fun She drinks. She's "grimey," but loyal. She watches movies online. She has issues with white people. Sounds like a lot of people I know...
4. She Wants to be Famous Think about all the people who have made themselves famous on blogs and YouTube in recent years… The list is long. This generation wants to be famous. They want people to know them. They do stupid shit, put it in a video, and hope to make it on tv. Best case scenario makes you Soulja Boy. Worst gets you a segment on tosh.0. Either way, you're on. How is she any different from that? You like this kind of thing. Superhead's books are New York Times bestsellers. And even if you're not into sex and all things urban… Jackass: the Movie grossed $64,255,312 in the United States alone. We're sending a very clear message about fame. Who can knock Kat Stacks for wanting a piece of that?

5. She's Young and Dumb Ok… So she has trouble with the fundamentals of English grammar, spelling, usage... But she was born in Venezuela. She left home at 15, and got her education in alternative schools. What's your excuse? Have you seen some of these kids on Twitter? Facebook? Text messages? In terms of decency and what she should and shouldn't reveal to the public... As we can see from shows like Teen Mom, Jersey Shore, and recent seasons of The Real World, and what we can gather from tabloid reports about celebrities that are her age, decency has been on a steady decline in recent years. She's responding to norms as defined by current society. She didn't have any real role models. And from what I've been able to gather from the people with whom she corresponds on Twitter, a lot of the youth don’t.
I doubt you want to go to the lengths I went through to try to understand Kat Stacks, but if you do, follow her on Twitter (@ihatekatstacks), listen to this interview with Angela Yee, watch some of her videos. I found that I know people like her. Based on what I learned growing up, I recognize certain aspects of her situation, and, while it's definitely not like mine, I understand her thought process. It's easy for us to sit on this side and judge her but we don't know her. We can't say for sure what she's going through.
At the end of the day, it really doesn’t matter if she's NOTHING like you, nothing gives anyone the right to judge another. No one has the right to assault her or threaten her life. Those actions are wrong regardless of ANYthing she does. She is troubled, but she is young, and lord willing she has plenty of time to mature, exorcise her demons, and heal herself.
This post is the last time I'll spend this much time devoted to her. Not because I don't like her, but because I'm not a fan of fake celebrity. She does nothing for me. Simply, I am not her audience. Next time you see some story about her, before you talk shit about her, remember that you clearly ARE her audience and you're doing exactly what she wants. She's flipping your hate into dollars. I can't knock that hustle.
My friend, I appreciate that you took that much time to figure it out. I surely was not the one to do it.
ReplyDeleteLike I've said before, she doesn't bother me because I really don't care. I don't quite see why who she sleeps with matters to me (unless it's someone I'm involved with). Honestly, until that video of her getting beat for no reason surfaced, I had no idea what she looked like. I agree that she shouldn't be treated as badly as she does, I can't think of a single person that "deserves" that. I don't look kindly on people lashing out the way she does for attention, but I also know that I've written a subliminal fb status or two knowing that it would start drama. So, who am I to judge?