Skip to main content

Nicole Norms

I tell you who I am every time I open my mouth; you never have to guess. However, I am probably the most misunderstood of any of my friends. Since it is Clearing the Air week, I think it would be appropriate to clear up a few things. The following list of "Nicole Norms" is not exhaustive, but they are the most common things people do or want to do that are simply not cool. These are just a few hints to keep you from getting cussed out. Don't say I didn't warn you...

Don't touch me uninvited. Everyone doesn't get greeted with a hug, and I'm not going to hug you every time I see you. This isn't high school. A "what's up" will do. And... Don't randomly touch me either. I'll notice and I won't like it. Wait until you're invited. You'll know.

Don't shorten my name. My mother named me Nicole. I like to be called Nicole. Definitely can't do Nikki (you should know why...). If it's not broken, don't fix it. My name is very... not broken.

Don't assume that I'm some mysterious and quiet person. If I'm not talking, I'm observing you. I'm not working any kind of "man voodoo." Please don't fall for me. So, I guess you could also call this one, Don't put me on a pedestal until you know why I belong up there...

Don't think you know me. A few people do, but they have put in the time. You can think you've sized me up if you want, but I have already sized YOU up and I won't let you in.

Answer questions. They're not tricks (most of the time). Not answering tells me more than you know... But if you can't answer simple stuff, you're playing games and I will treat you accordingly.

Don't send me text messages asking why I deleted you on some social network. In fact, don't ask me anything about ANYthing that happened on the internet. That's self explanitory. Don't do it.

Don't come around me complaining or gossiping. I like positive things and neither of these things leads to anything positive.

Finally, don't mistake me for bitter. I'm in a good place. I'm not mean or bitter. I am direct and honest. If I'm cussing at you, it's probably because you violated one of these norms.

Ok. Do we have some sort of understanding now? Good. See you later. =]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love a Good Conspiracy Theory

OK… So… A lot of this is repetitive (and that's actually important…) so I'm not going to go over everything about all these folks. You can read the bulk of it at the source sites. There are quite a few sites out there that say that Beyonce and others are possessed by the devil. It's actually a really interesting way to waste some time if you have it. But maybe that's just me since… I love a good conspiracy theory. I'm not here to debunk all this stuff. I just think some of it is simply wrong. Or… aimed at the wrong person. Or… conclusions based on shit that can't be considered evidence. Let's look, shall we... Alright... vigilantcitizen.com starts their analysis of Beyonce by saying Along with her new album, Beyonce has presented her fans to a new alter-ego named Sasha Fierce. The singer affirms that this new persona is the fun, more sexual and more aggressive side of her. This is however the “general public” version of the story. The esoteric meaning r...

Facebook Stalking...

Officially, I'm hibernating right now. I don't really want to connect on Facebook or Twitter right now. However… from time to time, I'm bored and reading that stuff is still mildly amusing… A couple things I noticed while tip toeing around Facebook: A lot of these "friendships" are super manufactured past the point of being fake. They simply don't exist. There are people I'm friends with on Facebook that I don’t want to be bothered with in life. Am I afraid to delete them? Perhaps… Well… I deleted a bunch of them just a moment ago. (Part of my hibernation is purging…) But… why even bother to begin with? Having said that… I discovered that I'm NOT friends with some people I should be. I'm missing out on some connections. A while ago, I deleted EVERYONE while in an angry "fuck friendship" mood. I'm STILL re-adding and re-discovering people from that episode… If it makes you feel...

T.I. Released from Prison... Early

Niggas are going to hate me for sure for this post… (If they don't already…) I don't care… This is unbelievable. Well… stranger things have happened. But… T.I. was released from prison after spending 7 months there on gun charges. I like T.I.'s music and ATL was a good movie and I definitely plan to see Takers . Nothing against him personally. I don't think he's a bad person. HOWEVER. Dude is a 7-time felon who violated his probation by purchasing assault weapons and silencers. He spent SEVEN frickin months in jail. For that . OK. He didn't use the guns. Ok. He thought his life was in danger. Ok. He's turning his life around. All that is awesome for T.I. But what about the frickin justice system? Are we REALLY saying it's ok for a 7-time felon to get away with illegal shit just because he's a good rapper? Bernie Madoff got 150 years in prison for getting rich off of scamming rich people but T.I. got 7 months for buying life-threatening weapons...