Skip to main content

On Dating White Dudes

First of all... I'm tired of this dismal picture of the successful black woman who is lonely because either she intimidates black men or no black men are "qualified" to be with her (since successful black women outnumber successful black men 3-to-1...) The successful black women I know are married, single because they want to be, or are lesbians. None of them are lonely or sad. None of them think that dating white men is "the answer" to their "problem."

I read this little article, "Interracial Love Is the Answer for Black Women," and I disagree with it. What worked for the woman in the article may not work for other black women. I don't care what Oprah says about seeing what's out there. I don't believe that "black women are in a market failure."

Having said all that, I'm not totally opposed to dating a white man. Seeing interracial couples does nothing to me. Folks find love where they find it, and that's cool. I'm not really afraid of taking a white boy home. The fam will get over it. And I definitely don't care what People (you know, the almighty "They") say.

My general opinion of The White Race would be a problem in a relationship with a white man. I can't talk shit TO The Man about The Man and then go sleep with him. It'll start off decent and sweet enough and then he'll say something and upside his head I must go. Or... His mom will get out of line and "See... That's why I don't fuck with crackers," might just slip out of my mouth. I foresee lots of ill will and a bad break up.

Furthermore, I have come across more dudes who feel like John Mayer than will admit it. The white men I have crushed on in the past may like to think they'd date me but the image of a difficult black woman prevails and they don't. My personality in general doesn't help. I don't roll over easily. White men I've known don't "do" fiesty.

I am single. I am strong. I will be successful. Do I think that will stop me from finding a man? Well... I don't really think about it. I don't sit around wondering if a man will come through and sweep me off my feet. I'm attracted to certain qualities in a man and when I'm really ready to get married, a man with what I want will be there.

Don't talk to me in statistics. I don't want to hear that I'll be too successful for a black man. Don't tell me abandon hope and settle for a white man. I'm not looking for an "answer," but if I were it would always be a strong, ambitious, intelligent, funny, creative MAN. And he is out there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love a Good Conspiracy Theory

OK… So… A lot of this is repetitive (and that's actually important…) so I'm not going to go over everything about all these folks. You can read the bulk of it at the source sites. There are quite a few sites out there that say that Beyonce and others are possessed by the devil. It's actually a really interesting way to waste some time if you have it. But maybe that's just me since… I love a good conspiracy theory. I'm not here to debunk all this stuff. I just think some of it is simply wrong. Or… aimed at the wrong person. Or… conclusions based on shit that can't be considered evidence. Let's look, shall we... Alright... vigilantcitizen.com starts their analysis of Beyonce by saying Along with her new album, Beyonce has presented her fans to a new alter-ego named Sasha Fierce. The singer affirms that this new persona is the fun, more sexual and more aggressive side of her. This is however the “general public” version of the story. The esoteric meaning r...

Facebook Stalking...

Officially, I'm hibernating right now. I don't really want to connect on Facebook or Twitter right now. However… from time to time, I'm bored and reading that stuff is still mildly amusing… A couple things I noticed while tip toeing around Facebook: A lot of these "friendships" are super manufactured past the point of being fake. They simply don't exist. There are people I'm friends with on Facebook that I don’t want to be bothered with in life. Am I afraid to delete them? Perhaps… Well… I deleted a bunch of them just a moment ago. (Part of my hibernation is purging…) But… why even bother to begin with? Having said that… I discovered that I'm NOT friends with some people I should be. I'm missing out on some connections. A while ago, I deleted EVERYONE while in an angry "fuck friendship" mood. I'm STILL re-adding and re-discovering people from that episode… If it makes you feel...

T.I. Released from Prison... Early

Niggas are going to hate me for sure for this post… (If they don't already…) I don't care… This is unbelievable. Well… stranger things have happened. But… T.I. was released from prison after spending 7 months there on gun charges. I like T.I.'s music and ATL was a good movie and I definitely plan to see Takers . Nothing against him personally. I don't think he's a bad person. HOWEVER. Dude is a 7-time felon who violated his probation by purchasing assault weapons and silencers. He spent SEVEN frickin months in jail. For that . OK. He didn't use the guns. Ok. He thought his life was in danger. Ok. He's turning his life around. All that is awesome for T.I. But what about the frickin justice system? Are we REALLY saying it's ok for a 7-time felon to get away with illegal shit just because he's a good rapper? Bernie Madoff got 150 years in prison for getting rich off of scamming rich people but T.I. got 7 months for buying life-threatening weapons...