Skip to main content

what jesse jackson shows us about being black in america

so... jesse jackson wants to cut Barack Obama's nuts off. perhaps i should be offended that these comments about the first black human being to have a viable chance at the presidency "slipped" out of the mouth of a so called black leader, whose own attempt at the presidency, coincidentally, wasn't so viable. hmmm... nope. that's not what this feeling is. Maybe I should just agree with jessie. i mean... just who does this "elitist" black man (who just so happened to have grown up without his father and still managed to graduate magna cum laude from Harvard Law) think he is going to black churches telling black people to be moral and take responsibility for themselves? bill cosby? naaah... i don't feel that way either. in a nutshell, i am ashamed of how our so called black leaders have been acting. jesse does not speak for the black people that i know but unfortunately he does show a side of "what it's like to be black in america" that you probably won't see on the cnn special.


first of all, i just want to point out how utterly irresponsible it was for jackson to go on foxnews, the o'reilly factor nonetheless, and make this blunder. fox is just going to replay it over and over again as an example of how black people don't support each other, so why should america? fox's biases aside, why don't jessie and his cronies support Obama? because he's black. simple as that.

i know it sounds bad, but it's about 85% true: black people don't support black people. And I'm not talking about my daddy's blind support of any movie that has black people in it, or your insistence on watching bet (don't lie; you know you do). When it counts we are not there for each other. We don't go to black owned businesses because they feel like they can over charge us. We don't support black communities because we don't want to deal with "niggas." We won't support a black man running for president of this country because he thinks he's better than us and he's tryna be white. Foolishness right?

jesse was unhappy with the way barack "talk[s] down on black people" by going to churches and "talking about morals." what the fuck is he talking about? we can't talk about morals? i mean even if barack walked in that mug and said, "all you niggas is immoral," who the hell is jesse jackson to be telling anybody what to say about morals. this man who has been riding on the coattails of his dead homie for 40 years, who should be worried about his child support payments for his illigitimate child, who has already said stuff he's had retract??? who told him he was in charge of protecting all black people?

what's wrong with someone coming in and saying "black people need to do better?" people criticize cosby and say he should have used a different forum etc, etc, but really i have NO problem with anything he said nor where he said it and who he said it in front of. i don't know exactly what barack said, but i know it wasn't offensive, nothing black people can't take hearing, nothing he should be castrated for.

honestly if things change too much in this country jesse and them would be out of business. God forbid a black person decides to take action instead of take part in a march. Oh no, don't tell the nigga that he has a mind of his own and that he doesn't have to sit on the block and blame the man for him not taking care of business. please don't tell the little black boy to pull up his pants and go to class. don't tell him to be open minded, articulate and goal oriented. and oh gosh, PLEASE don't tell our little black girls not to have babies every year from the time they turn 16 till they hit drinking age. don't tell them that they're beautiful without weave and acrylic and slutty clothes. don't explain to their parents that it's more important to own property than it is to lease a navigator. just continue to feed us bullshit in every way possible: "hell date," "tip drill," lean, and the almighty big mac.

the last thing i want barack to do is stand up and become a champion for black people. please don't take that the wrong way. there's nothing wrong with him acknowledging that he's black, giving his wife dap on stage, and then turning around and enjoying an arugula salad with some wine or some shit. i want him to be him AND our president. i want a president who wants to make our country better so that my kids don't have to sit around and worry about "what it means to be black in america." it would be nice if jesse and his people could sit back and see the bigger picture. forget that a lot of their payoffs come from the clintons and see what we could be if we go in a different direction.

it would be nice, but it ain't necessary. i don't look to jesse jackson for my guidance. i could care less who he supports. i don't care about his comment or his apology. we've known all along that they wouldn't fully support obama. but that's ok. I DO.

Comments

  1. Hmm, for the most part, I agree with you. While I do think Jackson has every right to be concerned about how Obama's comments might be taking, its not like Obama is telling black people to be morally responsible with no experience as a black person in America like so many white conservatives do. So, no, Jackson doesn't need to talk about cutting off people's nuts. If he wants to criticize Barack, he should criticize him on an issue, not throw out some stupid comment about cutting off Barack's nuts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Love a Good Conspiracy Theory

OK… So… A lot of this is repetitive (and that's actually important…) so I'm not going to go over everything about all these folks. You can read the bulk of it at the source sites. There are quite a few sites out there that say that Beyonce and others are possessed by the devil. It's actually a really interesting way to waste some time if you have it. But maybe that's just me since… I love a good conspiracy theory. I'm not here to debunk all this stuff. I just think some of it is simply wrong. Or… aimed at the wrong person. Or… conclusions based on shit that can't be considered evidence. Let's look, shall we... Alright... vigilantcitizen.com starts their analysis of Beyonce by saying Along with her new album, Beyonce has presented her fans to a new alter-ego named Sasha Fierce. The singer affirms that this new persona is the fun, more sexual and more aggressive side of her. This is however the “general public” version of the story. The esoteric meaning r...

Facebook Stalking...

Officially, I'm hibernating right now. I don't really want to connect on Facebook or Twitter right now. However… from time to time, I'm bored and reading that stuff is still mildly amusing… A couple things I noticed while tip toeing around Facebook: A lot of these "friendships" are super manufactured past the point of being fake. They simply don't exist. There are people I'm friends with on Facebook that I don’t want to be bothered with in life. Am I afraid to delete them? Perhaps… Well… I deleted a bunch of them just a moment ago. (Part of my hibernation is purging…) But… why even bother to begin with? Having said that… I discovered that I'm NOT friends with some people I should be. I'm missing out on some connections. A while ago, I deleted EVERYONE while in an angry "fuck friendship" mood. I'm STILL re-adding and re-discovering people from that episode… If it makes you feel...

T.I. Released from Prison... Early

Niggas are going to hate me for sure for this post… (If they don't already…) I don't care… This is unbelievable. Well… stranger things have happened. But… T.I. was released from prison after spending 7 months there on gun charges. I like T.I.'s music and ATL was a good movie and I definitely plan to see Takers . Nothing against him personally. I don't think he's a bad person. HOWEVER. Dude is a 7-time felon who violated his probation by purchasing assault weapons and silencers. He spent SEVEN frickin months in jail. For that . OK. He didn't use the guns. Ok. He thought his life was in danger. Ok. He's turning his life around. All that is awesome for T.I. But what about the frickin justice system? Are we REALLY saying it's ok for a 7-time felon to get away with illegal shit just because he's a good rapper? Bernie Madoff got 150 years in prison for getting rich off of scamming rich people but T.I. got 7 months for buying life-threatening weapons...