Skip to main content

The Gospel of Nicole

my last semester in school i took a class on the new testament. while we were learning about gospels, we were told to write a gospel about ourselves. i wasn't sure how to approach the assignment and the thought of mimicking the bible seemed sacrilegious. anywho, while deleting some files i came across my gospel and it made me chuckle a little... enjoy. =]

Twenty-one years have passed in the life of Nicole, born of Gail and LaMonte. Siblings from Gail are Daryl and Jeremy; from LaMonte are Kaylin and Monte. She is without a spouse or children. She has always been destined for greatness.

Instead of napping during preschool, Nicole preferred to read. On the first day the teacher demanded that she go to sleep after lunch. Nicole refused, "Gaining knowledge from this book is far more important than being well-rested for recess." Impressed, the teacher remarked, "Nicole is such a smart child, far beyond her years. She is destined for greatness." Nicole was aged four years.

Valuing honesty over the preservation of shallow friendships, Nicole has never hesitated to state her opinions. Once asked by a classmate to comment on the beauty of a shirt, Nicole replied, "Its colors don't go well together, the fit is all wrong for you, and I would not look twice at it if I passed it in the store." The classmate was appalled. "What a terrible friend you are! My feelings are hurt!" "I would rather be hated than lie to a friend and have her look bad as a result," Nicole insisted. From that day on her honesty was sought after and appreciated. Classmates continue to speak of it today: "Nicole is such an honest person. She is destined for greatness." Nicole was aged eleven years.

Nicole is for the people. Classmates were expressing their disdain for a teacher of history. "We never learn anything! Our time is wasted on mindless copying from textbooks and weird breathing exercises!" Nicole empathized with her peers. "We shall boycott that class and appeal to the principal until something is done!" Thirty days passed and thirty students refused to attend class. "Nicole, why would you have your classmates miss class like this? Is that not irresponsible?" the principal inquired. "Until we are given an adept instructor, we will not waste our time subscribing to her brand of education. For that would be most irresponsible!" Agreeing with this logic, the principal gave the class a new teacher. "Nicole is such a leader. She is destined for greatness." Nicole was aged seventeen years.

In her twenty-first year Nicole displayed her earnestness. At her new job, Nicole's boss began to delegate. "Make sure you do all the expense reports." "I can handle it," Nicole replied. And so it was done. "Go take an inventory," Nicole was told. And so it was done. "Take this client to the airport," the boss demanded. And so it was done. The boss was astonished. "Nicole is such a diligent worker. She is destined for greatness." And such is the life of Nicole.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love a Good Conspiracy Theory

OK… So… A lot of this is repetitive (and that's actually important…) so I'm not going to go over everything about all these folks. You can read the bulk of it at the source sites. There are quite a few sites out there that say that Beyonce and others are possessed by the devil. It's actually a really interesting way to waste some time if you have it. But maybe that's just me since… I love a good conspiracy theory. I'm not here to debunk all this stuff. I just think some of it is simply wrong. Or… aimed at the wrong person. Or… conclusions based on shit that can't be considered evidence. Let's look, shall we... Alright... vigilantcitizen.com starts their analysis of Beyonce by saying Along with her new album, Beyonce has presented her fans to a new alter-ego named Sasha Fierce. The singer affirms that this new persona is the fun, more sexual and more aggressive side of her. This is however the “general public” version of the story. The esoteric meaning r...

Facebook Stalking...

Officially, I'm hibernating right now. I don't really want to connect on Facebook or Twitter right now. However… from time to time, I'm bored and reading that stuff is still mildly amusing… A couple things I noticed while tip toeing around Facebook: A lot of these "friendships" are super manufactured past the point of being fake. They simply don't exist. There are people I'm friends with on Facebook that I don’t want to be bothered with in life. Am I afraid to delete them? Perhaps… Well… I deleted a bunch of them just a moment ago. (Part of my hibernation is purging…) But… why even bother to begin with? Having said that… I discovered that I'm NOT friends with some people I should be. I'm missing out on some connections. A while ago, I deleted EVERYONE while in an angry "fuck friendship" mood. I'm STILL re-adding and re-discovering people from that episode… If it makes you feel...

T.I. Released from Prison... Early

Niggas are going to hate me for sure for this post… (If they don't already…) I don't care… This is unbelievable. Well… stranger things have happened. But… T.I. was released from prison after spending 7 months there on gun charges. I like T.I.'s music and ATL was a good movie and I definitely plan to see Takers . Nothing against him personally. I don't think he's a bad person. HOWEVER. Dude is a 7-time felon who violated his probation by purchasing assault weapons and silencers. He spent SEVEN frickin months in jail. For that . OK. He didn't use the guns. Ok. He thought his life was in danger. Ok. He's turning his life around. All that is awesome for T.I. But what about the frickin justice system? Are we REALLY saying it's ok for a 7-time felon to get away with illegal shit just because he's a good rapper? Bernie Madoff got 150 years in prison for getting rich off of scamming rich people but T.I. got 7 months for buying life-threatening weapons...