Skip to main content

alone with the white people =[

I feel out of place in many of my classes at belmont... mostly because there is relatively no diversity. no color. no nothing. all my classes are kinda icky compared to the ones at sf state but my intermediate comp class has to be the worst. I'm the only black person in there and I think that the whiteys in there forget I'm there. some shit they say should definitely be kept to themselves....

today we read "a narrow fellow in the grass" by emily dickenson which is about the fear of the ambiguity of nature. basically its about a snake in the grass. to make us think about the poem, the prof. says.... "why isn't this poem set to rap music?" and I'm like..... wtf does that have to do with anything. some dude goes, with what he thinks is a "ghetto" accent "when you're strapped with your .9 a snake ain't so scary" and all these mofos laugh. and I'm just like...... whaaaaa? THEN the prof. says "yeah. its not ghetto or where ever rap music originates." I'm irritated by now. if she asks me one of these dumb ass questions directly I'm going off.

earlier she said "people in the projects don't have time to read; they're trying to survive!" uuuuum? q: "do you think rap music will be in textbooks in the future?" a: "I hope not b/c I don't value it." my toes kinda hurt from all these people stepping on them....

I'm more irritated than I am offended. I don't belong in this class. I don't talk at all so that I can avoid going off. I'm just irritated. GRRRRRRR.

Comments

  1. *jaw drops* which i don't know why im surprised, this isn't the first time I've been made privy to what's being said when the other people think/act like we're not around, but i can't help it, these blantant displays of racism never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Love a Good Conspiracy Theory

OK… So… A lot of this is repetitive (and that's actually important…) so I'm not going to go over everything about all these folks. You can read the bulk of it at the source sites. There are quite a few sites out there that say that Beyonce and others are possessed by the devil. It's actually a really interesting way to waste some time if you have it. But maybe that's just me since… I love a good conspiracy theory. I'm not here to debunk all this stuff. I just think some of it is simply wrong. Or… aimed at the wrong person. Or… conclusions based on shit that can't be considered evidence. Let's look, shall we... Alright... vigilantcitizen.com starts their analysis of Beyonce by saying Along with her new album, Beyonce has presented her fans to a new alter-ego named Sasha Fierce. The singer affirms that this new persona is the fun, more sexual and more aggressive side of her. This is however the “general public” version of the story. The esoteric meaning r...

Facebook Stalking...

Officially, I'm hibernating right now. I don't really want to connect on Facebook or Twitter right now. However… from time to time, I'm bored and reading that stuff is still mildly amusing… A couple things I noticed while tip toeing around Facebook: A lot of these "friendships" are super manufactured past the point of being fake. They simply don't exist. There are people I'm friends with on Facebook that I don’t want to be bothered with in life. Am I afraid to delete them? Perhaps… Well… I deleted a bunch of them just a moment ago. (Part of my hibernation is purging…) But… why even bother to begin with? Having said that… I discovered that I'm NOT friends with some people I should be. I'm missing out on some connections. A while ago, I deleted EVERYONE while in an angry "fuck friendship" mood. I'm STILL re-adding and re-discovering people from that episode… If it makes you feel...

T.I. Released from Prison... Early

Niggas are going to hate me for sure for this post… (If they don't already…) I don't care… This is unbelievable. Well… stranger things have happened. But… T.I. was released from prison after spending 7 months there on gun charges. I like T.I.'s music and ATL was a good movie and I definitely plan to see Takers . Nothing against him personally. I don't think he's a bad person. HOWEVER. Dude is a 7-time felon who violated his probation by purchasing assault weapons and silencers. He spent SEVEN frickin months in jail. For that . OK. He didn't use the guns. Ok. He thought his life was in danger. Ok. He's turning his life around. All that is awesome for T.I. But what about the frickin justice system? Are we REALLY saying it's ok for a 7-time felon to get away with illegal shit just because he's a good rapper? Bernie Madoff got 150 years in prison for getting rich off of scamming rich people but T.I. got 7 months for buying life-threatening weapons...