Skip to main content

The American Dream - Part 2

My life is like a dream. Daddy's always telling me, "Jane, get a job. Don't you want to get anything for yourself?" But why would I want to do that? He pays for everything. I do as I please. I have everything I could ever want. Daddy gets me a new BMW every year. My penthouse condo is huge. I don't even have to touch my trust fund. The money supply is endless. This is the American dream.

I'm educated, too. I went to the best prep schools. And scholarship was very important to my sorority. We had to maintain the chapter GPA to have parties, so thanks to them I graduated college cum laude. And Daddy knows just about everybody in this town. I could work. If I wanted to.

I know I'm lucky. I could be poor. Ew. The thought gives me chills. I don't know much about poor people, but it seems to me that if they just went out and got a job things would be ok for them. I mean, nobody tells them to have all those kids if they can't afford it. But the government gives them money. And built whole communities for them so they could stay with their families.

All they really need is a good make over. If the men would shave off those -- what are they called? -- corn rolls? Hell, I don't know. Those braids. And pull up their pants. And take better care of their teeth. And the women. How can they expect to work anywhere with blue hair?

What I fail to understand is what's so appealing about my stuff. I mean, I give to the less fortunate. Really if that guy would just apply for one of my charity's scholarships he could go to college, make money, and buy his own BMW. Why would he want to steal mine? I knew Daddy would just buy me a new one, but it was the principle.

I went to the courthouse when he was sentenced. You know, to show that I had no hard feelings about the twelve stitches I needed in my head. He didn't seem phased by his predicament. He actually looked right at home. The other defendants in line looked just like him in their orange jumpsuits, dark skin, and menacing eyes.

I'm not racist or anything. I mean, now I have experience dealing with minorities. I'd be a fool not to alter my behaviors around them. Needless to say, I'll be using Daddy's driver when I do my shopping. I'm not going to get hit again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love a Good Conspiracy Theory

OK… So… A lot of this is repetitive (and that's actually important…) so I'm not going to go over everything about all these folks. You can read the bulk of it at the source sites. There are quite a few sites out there that say that Beyonce and others are possessed by the devil. It's actually a really interesting way to waste some time if you have it. But maybe that's just me since… I love a good conspiracy theory. I'm not here to debunk all this stuff. I just think some of it is simply wrong. Or… aimed at the wrong person. Or… conclusions based on shit that can't be considered evidence. Let's look, shall we... Alright... vigilantcitizen.com starts their analysis of Beyonce by saying Along with her new album, Beyonce has presented her fans to a new alter-ego named Sasha Fierce. The singer affirms that this new persona is the fun, more sexual and more aggressive side of her. This is however the “general public” version of the story. The esoteric meaning r...

Facebook Stalking...

Officially, I'm hibernating right now. I don't really want to connect on Facebook or Twitter right now. However… from time to time, I'm bored and reading that stuff is still mildly amusing… A couple things I noticed while tip toeing around Facebook: A lot of these "friendships" are super manufactured past the point of being fake. They simply don't exist. There are people I'm friends with on Facebook that I don’t want to be bothered with in life. Am I afraid to delete them? Perhaps… Well… I deleted a bunch of them just a moment ago. (Part of my hibernation is purging…) But… why even bother to begin with? Having said that… I discovered that I'm NOT friends with some people I should be. I'm missing out on some connections. A while ago, I deleted EVERYONE while in an angry "fuck friendship" mood. I'm STILL re-adding and re-discovering people from that episode… If it makes you feel...

T.I. Released from Prison... Early

Niggas are going to hate me for sure for this post… (If they don't already…) I don't care… This is unbelievable. Well… stranger things have happened. But… T.I. was released from prison after spending 7 months there on gun charges. I like T.I.'s music and ATL was a good movie and I definitely plan to see Takers . Nothing against him personally. I don't think he's a bad person. HOWEVER. Dude is a 7-time felon who violated his probation by purchasing assault weapons and silencers. He spent SEVEN frickin months in jail. For that . OK. He didn't use the guns. Ok. He thought his life was in danger. Ok. He's turning his life around. All that is awesome for T.I. But what about the frickin justice system? Are we REALLY saying it's ok for a 7-time felon to get away with illegal shit just because he's a good rapper? Bernie Madoff got 150 years in prison for getting rich off of scamming rich people but T.I. got 7 months for buying life-threatening weapons...