Skip to main content

the week in review

i took this week off from life, sorta. what sucks most is that when i do that, i can't really remember what happened all week so it's hard to update you all... basically all week i just kinda went through the motions. james's birthday was tuesday so we've been celebrating all week... next week my discipline starts... no REALLY. we're on a 2-year-plus plan right now... planning out the next two years so that the plus years after that will be wonderful.

anywho... i'm at work, bored. since i've taken the week off i haven't really seen or heard anything that has me ready to blog... i have read a bunch of things from a variety of sources so we'll do my favorite links from this week, Snippets from my Day style.

Belmont is hosting Presidential debates in October I don't know if you all know that or not, but yeah. one would assume that this is a wonderful thing. actually... LOTS of ones think it's a wonderful thing and MOST of these people do not go to belmont. belmont students are inturrupted by the CMAs every year. that means that buildings get shut down and parking spaces are taken away. eye sores (i.e. MTV trailers) pop up. it's pretty horrible. additionally... anytime bob fisher is hosting some million dollar client (belmont is a business and bob is the CEO, you ain't know? therefore, people that most universities would call benefactors we shall call clients.) they take entire floors of our parking garage. they use rooms that have been reserved by students groups (and move us to "comparable accomodations"). they act like our tuition isn't worth a damn and we're just visiting, not trying to learn. having said all of this we most belmont students heard about this debate, we groaned with anticipation. can you imagine what belmont is going through right now? that link is just a small glimpse, but... they are building a huge media tent on our soccer field (which, for some reason, causes news helicopters to circle it...). they are then going to put chain link fence around the school. they are repaving 15th ave. they are doing random sweeps of dorm rooms. they are kicking people out for fall break. etc, etc. basically they're putting up huge "KEEP OUT" signs all over campus. nevermind the fact that me and 4,500 other people pay $36,000 to be there.

I found this interesting... Sara Palin doesn't know what the "Bush Doctrine" is but she wants to be our vice president... oh, and not just any vice president, but vp to a dude who's 72 and might have cancer which puts her right in line to be president... hmmm... now, james doesn't think the outcome of the presidential election will affect us directly and for the most part he is right. i kept trying to tell myself "it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter..." while i was watching this clip but i wanted to scream! not only does she NOT know what the hell she's talking about but she vehemently SUPPORTS something she knows nothing about. what the fuck does that say about the people who run this country? ugh... i'm moving on now, because the unpleasant feelings are rushing back.

Do yall remember Elizabeth Smart? I do... apparently she's 20 now... "well spoken, well adjusted" they call her. in case you're not familiar or the name isn't ringing a bell... about 6 years ago elizabeth was kidnapped and held for like 9 months with some crazy religious fanatics. her family was all over the news that whole time... crying and stuff... then they found her (or she escaped; i don't remember) and made her play the harp for a bunch of media. now... a few things pissed me off about this whole thing while it was going on... first of all... your child has been missing for 9 months and the first thing you have her do is play the harp for the media? psh. second, we learned that she was like... 8 blocks from her house the whole time and her kidnappers were brazen enough to take her outside while they ran their errands and shit... 6 years ago made her 14 at the time and there's no way you could have kidnapped me, held me in my neighborhood, and took me all around without me thinking "i gotta get the hell out of here." you couldn't have taken me outside without me running especially once i realize i'm 8 blocks from home! but whatever... it's all said and done. pretty little white girl is safe and sound and 6 years later she's on oprah. WHY? as far as i'm concerned she's pretty normal. i mean... accept for the patti hearst 2.0 stuff... but she's 20 and a junior at brigham young. she better be well spoken. sigh...

I love Project Runway so... next season, project runway is moving to lifetime, which means i probably won't watch it anymore, but i love it and this is who i think should win this season although she probably won't because she's black and there's never been a black winner of project runway. (is that punctuated correctly?)

Reese gets no love i hadn't noticed this before, but it is interesting that reese witherspoon doesn't get top billing on movies despite being an award winning, "a-list" actress. is it a female thing? or is it that studios don't think that having reese in a movie isn't enough to make people want to see it? i want to lean toward the latter. i like reese but i don't think i've ever seen a movie she was in because she was in it. interesting nonetheless...

Thank You and You're Welcome! I appreciate kanye west. and things like this make me smile and nod and say "yaaaaaaaay!" =] say what you will about him, but he's on the right track. period. get the book.

i'm here at work until 3:30... i'm about to go get some tea and fruit and then sit down and do aaaall the reading i missed this week... i WILL be done with homework by 3:30. in the meantime listen to "love lockdown." it's kanye's favorite, but i don't think it will be mine. give it a chance anyway. =]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love a Good Conspiracy Theory

OK… So… A lot of this is repetitive (and that's actually important…) so I'm not going to go over everything about all these folks. You can read the bulk of it at the source sites. There are quite a few sites out there that say that Beyonce and others are possessed by the devil. It's actually a really interesting way to waste some time if you have it. But maybe that's just me since… I love a good conspiracy theory. I'm not here to debunk all this stuff. I just think some of it is simply wrong. Or… aimed at the wrong person. Or… conclusions based on shit that can't be considered evidence. Let's look, shall we... Alright... vigilantcitizen.com starts their analysis of Beyonce by saying Along with her new album, Beyonce has presented her fans to a new alter-ego named Sasha Fierce. The singer affirms that this new persona is the fun, more sexual and more aggressive side of her. This is however the “general public” version of the story. The esoteric meaning r...

Facebook Stalking...

Officially, I'm hibernating right now. I don't really want to connect on Facebook or Twitter right now. However… from time to time, I'm bored and reading that stuff is still mildly amusing… A couple things I noticed while tip toeing around Facebook: A lot of these "friendships" are super manufactured past the point of being fake. They simply don't exist. There are people I'm friends with on Facebook that I don’t want to be bothered with in life. Am I afraid to delete them? Perhaps… Well… I deleted a bunch of them just a moment ago. (Part of my hibernation is purging…) But… why even bother to begin with? Having said that… I discovered that I'm NOT friends with some people I should be. I'm missing out on some connections. A while ago, I deleted EVERYONE while in an angry "fuck friendship" mood. I'm STILL re-adding and re-discovering people from that episode… If it makes you feel...

T.I. Released from Prison... Early

Niggas are going to hate me for sure for this post… (If they don't already…) I don't care… This is unbelievable. Well… stranger things have happened. But… T.I. was released from prison after spending 7 months there on gun charges. I like T.I.'s music and ATL was a good movie and I definitely plan to see Takers . Nothing against him personally. I don't think he's a bad person. HOWEVER. Dude is a 7-time felon who violated his probation by purchasing assault weapons and silencers. He spent SEVEN frickin months in jail. For that . OK. He didn't use the guns. Ok. He thought his life was in danger. Ok. He's turning his life around. All that is awesome for T.I. But what about the frickin justice system? Are we REALLY saying it's ok for a 7-time felon to get away with illegal shit just because he's a good rapper? Bernie Madoff got 150 years in prison for getting rich off of scamming rich people but T.I. got 7 months for buying life-threatening weapons...