Skip to main content

political snippets from my day

most mornings i wake up and watch american morning on cnn. it's "the most news in the morning" they say... i mean... really they just repeat the same news over and over again, but hey, it's a valuable part of my day. i usually listen to the tom joyner morning show on my way to work. and then when i get here, i go and read the news on cnn.com. they have the political ticker and lately, since they're pro-black these days, they've been linking to stories on essence.com. that routine led me to my snippets... usually my snippets are random, cover a wide range of subjects, and follow my entire day. today you just get politics. i can't take anymore. all this frowning is going to give me wrinkles...

by 2042 minorities will be the majority the morning this story on american morning caught my ear and made me sit and listen. the main idea is that when taken all together, the number of minorities in america will be more than the number of white people in america. 3 things stuck out to me: 1.)the hispanic population is expected to double and go from 15% to 30%, 2.)the black population will only grow 1% in the same amount of time, and 3.)one of the "causes" of this is that the white population is aging... first of all... why exactly is this news? are the crackers trying to make a case that minorities are taking over their country? are they trying to say, "see! THIS is why we need to start shooting mexicans and build a wall on our boarder!" are they trying to say that now THEY should be called minorities and should start to "benefit" from things like affirmative action??? i'm confused! second, the hispanic population will double and ours will only grow 1%. wow. so... little shaniqua having a baby every year gets cancelled out because all her baby daddys will end up dead or in jail just like her sons probably will? my cheek is stinging from that backhand slap, cnn. be careful. lastly... the white population is aging? what? ugh... nevermind. next snippet.

sybil has no love for john edwards sybil wilkes from the tom joyner morning show read an article this morning about john edwards affair. she was careful with her adjectives to be sure that anyone listening would see the picture she was painting with edwards as this self centered play boy and his wife as this poor, depressing cancer patient. let me be very clear here: I DON'T LIKE JOHN EDWARDS. hell... I DON'T LIKE ELIZABETH EDWARDS EITHER. his affair isn't our business... for one, it was 2 years ago and he dealt with that with "[his] God and [his] wife." also, he's a politician, yes, but he holds NO office right now. he serves NO constituancy. WHO did he harm by fucking someone other than elizabeth's annoying ass? oh, excuse me, she's battling cancer. i can't speak ill of her. man... whatever. i'm not heartless. cancer scares me and my heart goes out to her and i wish her a speedy recovery BUT i'm not going to turn into an elizabeth edwards fan because she has cancer and because her husband cheated on her. sybil goes to deep into that "we're-all-women-we-gotta-stick-together-against-no-good-men" role. ick.

kwame kilpatrick is going to the democratic convention people once hailed and revered him and now they describe him as "embattled" because he had an affair and lied about it. he's spent some time in jail recently and a judge told him he couldn't leave the jurisdiction... but he's mayor. he should be able to go to denver at the end of the month right? WHY? now... don't get me wrong... i actually don't think he should be in the trouble he's in right now. what do men do when they cheat? lie about it! you want to put him in jail for lying about an affair that you didn't find out about until about a year after it was over? really? my eyes are starting to hurt from all this frowning... the point is that he IS in all this trouble. what will he accomplish by attending/contribute to the democratic national convention? NOTHING. damn, kwame! sit your ass at home until all your stuff is straight! the LAST thing you need to be doing is playing around.

speaking of the democratic national convention... hilary clinton will get a vote as to whether she will be the nominee or not. barack is the presumptive nominee. americans don't decide anything though... white men still need to sit in a room and decide if they are ready to make history... a white woman is not as threatening as a black man. my problem: the bitch lost. would they allow barack to put his name in the fucking hat if he had lost the primaries?? hell no! sorry for all the cussing... it just came out.

finally, jesse jackson quotes from essence.com we all know that jj wants to castrate obama. essence interviewed him. they didn't ask the questions that I would ask, but here are some i want to point out. first:
ESSENCE.COM: Are you going to reach out to some in the younger generation to
make them feel that you are relevant? JACKSON: All you really can do is continue
to serve. Who’s relevant and heroism is a matter of perception. You might take a
certain hip-hop magazine—they should not say ESSENCE is not relevant; it’s just
different. The divide is not the key to growth. The key to politics is growth,
and if there’s growth, everybody wins.
i agree that growth is necessary, but where is his growth? how can he grow and evolve if he's calling us niggas and wanting us to stay oppressed so he can stay employed? he is irrelevant. that's not perception. my grandparents might still see him as great, but they won't be here for the next generation. jj IS NOT working for the betterment of our situation for current and future generations! next:
ESSENCE.COM: We’ve seen you champion African-American issues and fight against injustice. Many people simply want to know, when you mentioned the N-word in
your off-air remarks about Obama last month—why? They want you to tell them, as
an African-American, why did that happen?
JACKSON: It should not have
happened. What was private talk became public controversy, and I am embarrassed
by that. There is no virtue in that kind of talk, and it should always
be discouraged. My appeal even then was that responsibility is a
significant message, but our needs require real government intervention and
private sector incentives to address the issues of unemployment, building
affordable housing and making education more affordable, which really was my
point. It was a very painful period for me to have gone through that. The good
news is that it’s behind us now.
they asked him why it happened and all he can say is that he's glad it's behind him. it's not. he didn't say anything about "government intervention and private sector incentives" when he was talking about cutting obama's nuts off. he was mad because he was "going to black churches teaching niggas about morals." where do the two connect? lastly:

ESSENCE.COM: In Senator Obama’s speech that he gave at a Chicago church
this past Father's Day, he urged more Black fathers to be involved in their
children’s lives. He received backlash for that—
JACKSON: Well, the message of responsibility should be broadly applied and
not appear to be just directed to Blacks. Black men need to be responsible—they
also need to be employed.

barack was talking to black people so he addressed black people. duh, nigga. wtf does employment have to do with a man being a responsible father. my own daddy is very intelligent. had lots of opportunities. had several jobs and he still never took care of me. he even made sure to have temp jobs so that whenever they'd garnish his wages he'd just get another job. to this day he doesn't have property in his name JUST so my mama can't get at him for arrears. TELL ME this isn't plaguing the black community especially. i know he saw black in america!

that's it... my snippets. i'm not reading or watching any news for the rest of the day... i'mma start frowning too much and my face will get stuck that way. lol. hopefully yall enjoy YOUR day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love a Good Conspiracy Theory

OK… So… A lot of this is repetitive (and that's actually important…) so I'm not going to go over everything about all these folks. You can read the bulk of it at the source sites. There are quite a few sites out there that say that Beyonce and others are possessed by the devil. It's actually a really interesting way to waste some time if you have it. But maybe that's just me since… I love a good conspiracy theory. I'm not here to debunk all this stuff. I just think some of it is simply wrong. Or… aimed at the wrong person. Or… conclusions based on shit that can't be considered evidence. Let's look, shall we... Alright... vigilantcitizen.com starts their analysis of Beyonce by saying Along with her new album, Beyonce has presented her fans to a new alter-ego named Sasha Fierce. The singer affirms that this new persona is the fun, more sexual and more aggressive side of her. This is however the “general public” version of the story. The esoteric meaning r...

Facebook Stalking...

Officially, I'm hibernating right now. I don't really want to connect on Facebook or Twitter right now. However… from time to time, I'm bored and reading that stuff is still mildly amusing… A couple things I noticed while tip toeing around Facebook: A lot of these "friendships" are super manufactured past the point of being fake. They simply don't exist. There are people I'm friends with on Facebook that I don’t want to be bothered with in life. Am I afraid to delete them? Perhaps… Well… I deleted a bunch of them just a moment ago. (Part of my hibernation is purging…) But… why even bother to begin with? Having said that… I discovered that I'm NOT friends with some people I should be. I'm missing out on some connections. A while ago, I deleted EVERYONE while in an angry "fuck friendship" mood. I'm STILL re-adding and re-discovering people from that episode… If it makes you feel...

T.I. Released from Prison... Early

Niggas are going to hate me for sure for this post… (If they don't already…) I don't care… This is unbelievable. Well… stranger things have happened. But… T.I. was released from prison after spending 7 months there on gun charges. I like T.I.'s music and ATL was a good movie and I definitely plan to see Takers . Nothing against him personally. I don't think he's a bad person. HOWEVER. Dude is a 7-time felon who violated his probation by purchasing assault weapons and silencers. He spent SEVEN frickin months in jail. For that . OK. He didn't use the guns. Ok. He thought his life was in danger. Ok. He's turning his life around. All that is awesome for T.I. But what about the frickin justice system? Are we REALLY saying it's ok for a 7-time felon to get away with illegal shit just because he's a good rapper? Bernie Madoff got 150 years in prison for getting rich off of scamming rich people but T.I. got 7 months for buying life-threatening weapons...