Skip to main content

cold CAC is just apple juice

every once in a while i send tia a text message telling her "in my old age i have learned...." there are things she should know... because at the tender age of 16 there is a lot she doesn't know. a lot she won't know until she experiences it. it's scary to watch people go through things you've been through especially when they're preventable situations. granted, a lot of these text messages are funny. but they're still important.

the other day i told her "cold CAC is just apple juice." (CAC is caramel apple cider for all you anti-Starbucks folks) i've been telling sasha that for days because she's been saying that she wants to try some cold CAC (she's slow...lol). after a while i realized how that applies to life in general and i imparted my wonderful wisdom to my wonderful tia.

too often we think things are greater than what they are... greater in every sense you can apply: larger, better, more, etc... you've got your life, your CAC, and you sit and think of ways to make it better. it's summer... so you want something cold... CAC is great, but what about COOOLD CAC. sounds good, right? so you do things to get your cold CAC. and they blow up in your face. that is... you finally get approved for an apartment but you find out your car could blow up at any moment. or... you put the CAC in a cold cup and it melts before you put the ice it... you know... follow me.

you're mad and you put this cold CAC on a pedestal because you assume it must be good because it's hard to get. you ignore all the great passion tea lemonades and frappuccinos you've been enjoying in the meantime and you lust after this cold CAC. when all the stars line up in your favor and you finally get a barista willing to experiment with you and serve your CAC cold, you realize that it's just apple juice. not only could you have found this out earlier, but it would have been cheaper to just go to the grocery store and just get some damn apple juice.

WHY am i thinking about this? WHY is this relevent? basically because i'm trying SO hard to get the things i want and i've been met with SO many obstacles. it's often hard to bring myself down to reality and see that everything that is happening is happening for a reason. all the obstacles are in place to teach me something... and it's not necessarily my job to try to figure out what i'm SUPPOSED to learn. my job is to learn something. to remain grounded and make the most of what's going on. to learn that i am a work in progress and everything will make sense soon enough.

when i sent the message to tia... all the details weren't worked out in my head. it makes a lot of sense now. and it is VERY important for her to realize all of the above. especially now in her senior year of high school where every situation will be an obstacle in and of itself. soon she will see how trivial everything was and she'll realize that she had apple juice all along... all she needed to do was stop and enjoy the caramel-y goodness of CAC. even in the summer. =]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love a Good Conspiracy Theory

OK… So… A lot of this is repetitive (and that's actually important…) so I'm not going to go over everything about all these folks. You can read the bulk of it at the source sites. There are quite a few sites out there that say that Beyonce and others are possessed by the devil. It's actually a really interesting way to waste some time if you have it. But maybe that's just me since… I love a good conspiracy theory. I'm not here to debunk all this stuff. I just think some of it is simply wrong. Or… aimed at the wrong person. Or… conclusions based on shit that can't be considered evidence. Let's look, shall we... Alright... vigilantcitizen.com starts their analysis of Beyonce by saying Along with her new album, Beyonce has presented her fans to a new alter-ego named Sasha Fierce. The singer affirms that this new persona is the fun, more sexual and more aggressive side of her. This is however the “general public” version of the story. The esoteric meaning r...

Facebook Stalking...

Officially, I'm hibernating right now. I don't really want to connect on Facebook or Twitter right now. However… from time to time, I'm bored and reading that stuff is still mildly amusing… A couple things I noticed while tip toeing around Facebook: A lot of these "friendships" are super manufactured past the point of being fake. They simply don't exist. There are people I'm friends with on Facebook that I don’t want to be bothered with in life. Am I afraid to delete them? Perhaps… Well… I deleted a bunch of them just a moment ago. (Part of my hibernation is purging…) But… why even bother to begin with? Having said that… I discovered that I'm NOT friends with some people I should be. I'm missing out on some connections. A while ago, I deleted EVERYONE while in an angry "fuck friendship" mood. I'm STILL re-adding and re-discovering people from that episode… If it makes you feel...

T.I. Released from Prison... Early

Niggas are going to hate me for sure for this post… (If they don't already…) I don't care… This is unbelievable. Well… stranger things have happened. But… T.I. was released from prison after spending 7 months there on gun charges. I like T.I.'s music and ATL was a good movie and I definitely plan to see Takers . Nothing against him personally. I don't think he's a bad person. HOWEVER. Dude is a 7-time felon who violated his probation by purchasing assault weapons and silencers. He spent SEVEN frickin months in jail. For that . OK. He didn't use the guns. Ok. He thought his life was in danger. Ok. He's turning his life around. All that is awesome for T.I. But what about the frickin justice system? Are we REALLY saying it's ok for a 7-time felon to get away with illegal shit just because he's a good rapper? Bernie Madoff got 150 years in prison for getting rich off of scamming rich people but T.I. got 7 months for buying life-threatening weapons...