Skip to main content

love is...

i have learned that my definition of LOVE changes every time i fall in it... i had this really mushy, really deep blog in me about my family... but i'll save it for a while... i've said it over and over again that it's amazing how much stuff changes in a few days... now... i have to be a little vague here to protect my... pride, i guess? but... in the past few days things have changed... actually it's been longer than some days... but sitting here thinking about it made me reflect on my past relationships and in turn make me realize that every time i've been in "love" i've had to concede that what i thought was love previously really wasn't!

i'm gonna use one example here. when i was with greg i thought i was in love. at that time... i told myself that i had never been in love before, although i had been in a relationship that i thought at the time WAS love. i had to sit an re evaluate that. because nobody made me feel like greg did -- good and bad. i mean... through the bad stuff i told myself that since we're in love then it's ok... twisted, i know...

at the end of that debacle i re evaluated love again. surely that wasn't it... "no one will ever treat me like he did. i won't stand for it. if it was love it wouldn't have happened the way it did..." etc etc.... currently i'm not in love, but i wouldn't mind being in a relationship. really just anything more than infatuated!

i don't have a clear picture of what love is. simply what it is NOT. i do find myself feeling *special* feelings about certain people and each time... the feelings go nowhere... it's like.. by thinking it can go somewhere, i'm jinxing myself. every time i find someone i think i can be with, there are too many obstacles... and it's not that i'm not willing to fight these obstacles to get what i want... no... they're obstacles that are out of my control... like DISTANCE for one... and hell... human nature for another. on the flip side... i find myself surrounded by dudes who would love to get down but i'm just not willing to A.) talk to them, or B.) give up on the one i can't really have (because of the obstacles, yall!)

i am not a spectator when it comes to love...obviously. anyone who knows me (and i guess that's really only my mama and tia) knows that i fall in it freely and deeply and usually i fall squarely on my ass... unfortunately i have not figured out how to avoid this. so... my definition is different... but could it be that it's still wrong? am i thinking too much about nothing? should i stop being so open to being with someone? GAH! i wish i knew!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love a Good Conspiracy Theory

OK… So… A lot of this is repetitive (and that's actually important…) so I'm not going to go over everything about all these folks. You can read the bulk of it at the source sites. There are quite a few sites out there that say that Beyonce and others are possessed by the devil. It's actually a really interesting way to waste some time if you have it. But maybe that's just me since… I love a good conspiracy theory. I'm not here to debunk all this stuff. I just think some of it is simply wrong. Or… aimed at the wrong person. Or… conclusions based on shit that can't be considered evidence. Let's look, shall we... Alright... vigilantcitizen.com starts their analysis of Beyonce by saying Along with her new album, Beyonce has presented her fans to a new alter-ego named Sasha Fierce. The singer affirms that this new persona is the fun, more sexual and more aggressive side of her. This is however the “general public” version of the story. The esoteric meaning r...

Facebook Stalking...

Officially, I'm hibernating right now. I don't really want to connect on Facebook or Twitter right now. However… from time to time, I'm bored and reading that stuff is still mildly amusing… A couple things I noticed while tip toeing around Facebook: A lot of these "friendships" are super manufactured past the point of being fake. They simply don't exist. There are people I'm friends with on Facebook that I don’t want to be bothered with in life. Am I afraid to delete them? Perhaps… Well… I deleted a bunch of them just a moment ago. (Part of my hibernation is purging…) But… why even bother to begin with? Having said that… I discovered that I'm NOT friends with some people I should be. I'm missing out on some connections. A while ago, I deleted EVERYONE while in an angry "fuck friendship" mood. I'm STILL re-adding and re-discovering people from that episode… If it makes you feel...

T.I. Released from Prison... Early

Niggas are going to hate me for sure for this post… (If they don't already…) I don't care… This is unbelievable. Well… stranger things have happened. But… T.I. was released from prison after spending 7 months there on gun charges. I like T.I.'s music and ATL was a good movie and I definitely plan to see Takers . Nothing against him personally. I don't think he's a bad person. HOWEVER. Dude is a 7-time felon who violated his probation by purchasing assault weapons and silencers. He spent SEVEN frickin months in jail. For that . OK. He didn't use the guns. Ok. He thought his life was in danger. Ok. He's turning his life around. All that is awesome for T.I. But what about the frickin justice system? Are we REALLY saying it's ok for a 7-time felon to get away with illegal shit just because he's a good rapper? Bernie Madoff got 150 years in prison for getting rich off of scamming rich people but T.I. got 7 months for buying life-threatening weapons...